Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #591 – Host: Mitch Joel. There’s this incredible feeling that you get from Tom Fishburne‘s comics about the marketing industry. Of course, they’re funny. With that, they can be very biting (almost to the point of feeling that he’s been using Alexa‘s technology to listen in on some of your meetings), and that is coupled with this opposing sense of care, empathy and love for the business. Hard and soft… at the same time. For years, he has been taking shots at just how much technology has impacted brands and consumers. With that, he doesn’t just do it from his pencil. He’s been a marketing professional for a long time (from large CPGs like General Mills and Nestle to Method and beyond). Now, he’s more commonly known as the Marketoonist (and if you’re in business, you do not want to miss his weekly hit), but he also runs a small agency providing business cartooning for clients. Most recently, Tom published his first book, Your Ad Ignored Here (which is a compilation of his work). It’s an amazing anthology and you can, literally, see which technologies were happening at any given moment in time and just how much consumers (probably) have not changed (hint: hit them with ads as much as you like, they’re just not that into you). Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 56:03.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Tom Fishburne.
- Your Ad Ignored Here.
- Follow Tom on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #591 – Host: Mitch Joel.