Welcome to episode #479 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. The challenge with any business (the ones that are digital… and the ones that are not) is getting a consumer to not only pay attention, but to become a customer. Even then, getting someone to buy from you once is not the same as getting them to buy from you frequently. It’s a busy world, and the push for a consumer to try something new is everywhere. Gabriel Weinberg is the founder and CEO of DuckDuckGo. If you think you’re in a competitive business, DuckDuckGo is a search engine that doesn’t track you, but it’s hard to compete in a Google world. Before entering the search world, Weinberg was the cofounder of Opobox, which was sold for $10 million. Now, a major book publisher is releasing a newer version of the book he co-authored titled, Traction – How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth. Originally, he self-published the first edition of Traction, and – using techniques from the book – managed to sell over 35,000 copies across three printings, now with 160+ 5-star Amazon reviews. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 52:19.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s my conversation with Gabriel Weinberg.
- Traction – How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth.
- Follow Gabriel on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #479 – Host: Mitch Joel.