Welcome to episode #449 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. I’m a total business book nerd. You knew that already. I do my best to read everything (literally). In the past few years, I have been (somewhat) disappointed in the genre. There has not been that many releases which have blown me away (and some of my peers). That being said, when the topic of business books does come up (which is frequent), the two books that always seem to get mentioned are, Adam Grant‘s Give And Take (he has agreed to come on the show at some point soon) and Hooked by Nir Eyal. Eyal believes that there is sweet science in creating products and services that get a consumer “hooked.” With a background in the video gaming and advertising businesses, Eyal spent a lot of time thinking about this – exact – topic, where he learned, applied (and often failed) at developing the techniques used to motivate and manipulate users. This isn’t about the creepy manipulation, but much more about what Eyal calls, “healthful habits” to grow business. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 44:02.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s is the my conversation with Nir Eyal.
- Nir And Far.
- Follow Nir on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #449 – Host: Mitch Joel.