Welcome to episode #756 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #756 – Host: Mitch Joel. The past is something that we easily forget. Before the pandemic, many looked at the disastrous rise and fall of WeWork. So much so, that journalist, Reeves Wiedeman, decided to use the WeWork story as the topic for his debut book, Billion Dollar Loser – The Epic Rise and Spectacular Fall of Adam Neumann and We Work. It’s a pulsating and page-turning book (much like the incredible book written about Theranos – Bad Blood by John Carreyrou). Now, many are left wondering if WeWork will have a very unique (and critical) roll in what the future of work might look like? Can WeWork erase its past? Will it always be remembered as a disaster? Or, has the pandemic given them a runway that could turn this story around? Either way, the story of WeWork is simply jaw-dropping. The amount of money invested in the business, the players behind the scenes, the desire for power, and so much more. Reeves is a Contributing Editor at New York magazine. He has written for The New Yorker, The New York Times Magazine, Rolling Stone, Harper’s, and other publications. Billion Dollar Loser is his first book. Enjoy the conversation…
Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 53:59.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Reeves Wiedeman.
- Billion Dollar Loser – The Epic Rise and Spectacular Fall of Adam Neumann and We Work.
- Follow Reeves on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #756 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.