Welcome to episode #720 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #720 – Host: Mitch Joel. The official bio of Harley Finkelstein is beyond impressive. In 2009, Harley went from being one of Shopify‘s first merchants (selling t-shirts) to become their Chief Platform Officer. Now, he is the Chief Operating Officer of Shopify. He is on the board on of the CBC and advisor to Omers Ventures and Felicis Ventures. He is also a Dragon on CBC’s Dragon’s Den – Next Gen Den. He was inducted into the Order of Ottawa in 2016. Shopify is now a beast. What Amazon is to retail, Shopify is to entrepreneurship. To put the magnitude of Shopify into perspective, their stock has shot up over 190% since last year, with over one million merchants using their commerce platform (selling over $160 billion in goods). Even during this pandemic, Shopify’s stock continues to soar (it now has a market cap of over $100 billion – that is double that of eBay‘s, and has the third largest market cap out of all public Canadian companies). The unofficial bio of Harley is a personal one. We have been friends for close to fifteen years, and watching his ascent has been one of the most special moments of my life. I have always wanted to have him as a guest on this show, but didn’t want to bother him with it. Well, we finally made it happen. Shopify, commerce and the future of business. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 1:01:19.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Harley Finkelstein.
- Follow Harley on Instagram.
- Follow Harley on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #720 – Host: Mitch Joel.