Welcome to episode #689 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #688 – Host: Mitch Joel. I purchased the book, Because Internet – Understanding the New Rules of Language, because… well… it didn’t take much to get me excited beyond the title. It had me at “hello,” as they say. Then Karen Wickre (who was on the show to promote her book, Taking The Work Out of Networking, a ways back) made the intro to Gretchen McCulloch (the author of Because Internet). It turns out that Gretchen and I both live in Montreal (small world!). Gretchen McCulloch is an internet linguist: she explores the language of the internet for the people of the internet. Gretchen writes the Resident Linguist column at Wired and has also written for Slate, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, Mental Floss, and The Toast. She has a master’s in linguistics from McGill University and is interested in bridging the gap between linguistics and the general public. McCulloch is the creator of the daily linguistics blog, All Things Linguistic, and the co-creator of Lingthusiasm, a podcast that’s enthusiastic about linguistics. So, don’t have FOMO, I hope you LOL and love this show. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 1:01:11.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Gretchen McCulloch.
- Because Internet – Understanding the New Rules of Language.
- All Things Linguistic.
- Follow Gretchen on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #689 – Host: Mitch Joel.