Welcome to episode #646 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #646 – Host: Mitch Joel. It’s a pretty amazing life. Karen Wickre has been involved in the communications space for a very long time. She’s based in Silicon Valley, sits on many boards and has even been written about quite a few times (check out Chip Conley‘s latest book, Wisdom @ Work for more about her abilities to be an executive whisperer and EQ guide). A veteran editor, curator, content strategist and connector of people and ideas, Karen is super-passionate about all forms of communication. She really has done it all from writing one of the very first consumer books about the Web (in 1995!) to working in content strategy for Sapient. With that, she is best known for being an integral part of Google‘s communications and public affairs team, before moving on to become the Editorial Director at Twitter. Now, she is out on her own and has published her latest book, Taking the Work Out of Networking – An Introvert’s Guide to Making Connections That Count. It’s an excellent read for those who want to think differently about making connections that really count, and add value in their life by building out a strong community. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 52:13.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Karen Wickre.
- Taking the Work Out of Networking – An Introvert’s Guide to Making Connections That Count.
- Karen’s work on Medium.
- Follow Karen on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #646 – Host: Mitch Joel.