Welcome to episode #688 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #688 – Host: Mitch Joel. He’s one of the more interesting thinkers and authors that I have had the pleasure to get to know over the years. Nir Eyal writes, consults, and teaches about the intersection of psychology, technology, and business. The M.I.T. Technology Review dubbed Nir, “The Prophet of Habit-Forming Technology.” Nir founded two tech companies since 2003 and has taught at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford. He is the author of the bestselling book, Hooked – How to Build Habit-Forming Products and his latest, Indistractable – How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life. Nir is also an active investor in habit-forming technologies. Some of his past investments include Eventbrite, Product Hunt, Anchor.fm and many more. In this episode we discuss his latest book, Indistractable, how he shot down a lot of Malcolm Gladwell‘s thinking (and why Gladwell loved it), and how he can write a book about habit-forming technology, and then write a book about why that’s a problem. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 49:32.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Nir Eyal.
- Indistractable – How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life.
- Hooked – How to Build Habit-Forming Products.
- Follow Nir on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #688 – Host: Mitch Joel.