Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am on air at CHOM 97.7 FM radio out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology, digital media and culture. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly on i Heart Radio, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering on about what’s happening in the digital world. I’m really excited about these weekly hits, because this is the radio station that I grew up listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry DiMonte morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Video is (really) all the rage these isolated day. From hosted trivia nights to playdates for kids to standing meetings with your team at work. Zoom has been under fire for their security measures. They have responded. Just how impactful is video conferencing and how has it changed (improved?) our current lives on a daily basis? In a word: massive.
- What are your reading during this lockdown? I have a few gems. Currently, I am re-reading Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, but here are some other suggestions in terms of business and non-fiction books:
- Daring Greatly – Brene Brown.
- The Happiness Trap – Russ Harris.
- The Art of Stillness – Pico Iyer.
- Limitless – Laura Gassner Otting.
- The War of Art – Steven Pressfield.
- The Advice Trap – Michael Bungay Stanier.
- Restoring The Soul of Business – Rishad Tobaccowala.
- App of the Week: Not an app, but please watch this from TED: Bill Gates and Chris Anderson discuss Covid 19 – How we must respond to the coronavirus pandemic.
You can also listen in via I Heart Radio.