Well, that was something, was it not?
It has been – without a question – a very strange year in marketing, advertising and communications. What a long strange trip its been (as the song goes). Recently, I discussed this past year in marketing along with Farrah Bostic (The Difference Engine), Michelle Excell (The Antipodean), Julian Zilberbrand (Viacom), and host Bob Knorpp on the very excellent BeanCast Podcast (which I’ve been fortunate to be a guest on in the past). I don’t know what it is about BeanCast, Bob Knorpp and these other panelists, but there is always “something in the water” when we record these conversations that brings out a lot of stimulating ideas and insights (and some friendly disagreements too!).
Are you ready for this lightning round year-end show? Here is BeanCast #525 – 2018 Year-End Review.
For a bit over two hours (yes, this is a long one, so please pack a lunch), we discussed the following topics:
- Is this the year that a holding company gets acquired (we asked this on the first show of 2018 and now it looks like MDC is about to be acquired by Accenture)?
- The rise of production houses.
- In-housing agency services.
- The rise and fall of blockchain hype.
- Facebook’s challenging year… and what happens now?
- Amazon’s silly bidding was for HQ 2.
- What does 5G mean for business?
- Instagram is dominating everything photo and social.
- Publishers and the faulty data that led to big video problems.
- Smart speakers and smart audio.
Take a listen and jump into the fray…
*A hearty congrats to Bob on creating this podcast for over a decade and 525 episodes… I know how hard it is to keep a show going… you deserve all of the accolades and cheers!