Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Google Zeitgeist and why it’s a great event (even though it’s private and invite-only).
- The power of Bill Clinton as an amazing orator (regardless of how you feel about his politics).
- Apple‘s new iPhone busted all kinds of records.
- If you’re an Apple customer, consider upgrading to iOS 8.
- What you should do before downloading Apple’s iOS 8 via Mashable.
- How to use iOS 8, the complete guide via cnet.
- Apple won’t unlock iOS 8 phones for the police. Ever.
- Home Depot had a credit card hacker attack that was worse than Target.
- App of the week: Hyperlapse by Instagram.