Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Rob Kemp sits in for Terry DiMonte.
- Facebook, politics and the new world view.
- The news has become more opinion-based, instead of facts.
- We need to be more media savvy.
- Technology can analyze sentiment as well.
- ComicCom San Diego and the revenge of the nerds.
- The rise of Geek Culture.
- Those who were beaten up on the playground are the new heroes.
- Google dominates search… and there may not be other competitors.
- Quartz: Google has run away with the web search market and almost no one is chasing.
- The power of targeted advertising.
- Facebook is getting increasingly powerful because of their newsfeed and mobile.
- Will anybody catch Google?
- App of the week: IFTTT.
- Heather gets all freaked out about Evernote.