Is there one link, story, picture or thought that you saw online this week that you think somebody you know must see?
My friends: Alistair Croll (Solve for Interesting, Tilt the Windmill, HBS, chair of Strata, Startupfest, FWD50, and Scaletechconf; author of Lean Analytics and some other books), Hugh McGuire (Rebus Foundation, PressBooks, LibriVox) and I decided that every week the three of us are going to share one link for one another (for a total of six links) that each individual feels the other person “must see.”
Check out these six links that we’re recommending to one another:
- The Erin Mills Model Railroad Association – Aaron Reynolds – Twitter. “This was a Twitter thread from Aaron Reylolds (@aaronreynolds) that I absolutely loved, so I stuck it in a thread reader for you folks to read. What happens when you’re twelve, and don’t like the formal strictures of your model railroad club? This is genius-level trolling for a righteous cause, with brilliant loopholes and even a debate about the nature of reality. Also robots! And giant animals gone wild! Mostly, I love the subversiveness. (Alistair for Hugh).
- It Took Two Years to Make This Complex Puzzle Box From Scratch, and It’d Take You Even Longer to Solve It – Gizmodo. “Some game-maker types I know sent this my way. Wow. I love treasure hunts and puzzles, but this amount of work borders on passive-aggressive.” (Alistair for Mitch).
- Reddit, run – The Times Literary Supplement. “Wonderful article about Reddit.” (Hugh for Alistair).
- History Department – xkcd. “Work feels like this sometimes.” (Hugh for Mitch).
- Amazon confirms it has 10,000 employees working on Amazon Alexa – Digital Trends. “Sometimes, a piece of data comes raging off of the screen and smacks you right in the face. I’m a huge evangelist for the smart audio space. I truly believe that the future of user experience is voice. I am not alone. You may be wondering what all of these smart speakers and a voice-enabled appliances are going to do, well Amazon has built an army to show you… and to make it happen.” (Mitch for Alistair).
- Israeli Scientists Claim They’re On The Path To A Cure For Cancer – Forbes. “Another headline that will make you raise an eyebrow. Science for the win… and I hope this is true!” (Mitch for Hugh).