Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am on air at CHOM 97.7 FM radio out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology, digital media and culture. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly on i Heart Radio, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering on about what’s happening in the digital world. I’m really excited about these weekly hits, because this is the radio station that I grew up listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry DiMonte morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- What a difference a few weeks make. We’re suddenly in an entirely other world dealing with Covid 19.
- A big congrats to Terry DiMonte who got married during his break to Jessica Dione… an amazing power couple.
- We’re home. We’re all home. Lots of great resources for online learning. How about free drawing classes from famous illustrators or downloading over 300,000 books from the New York Public Library for free. Don’t forget about your local library as well (shout-out to the Westmount Public Library).
- Don’t just was your hands. Clean you smartphones and tablets. It used to be a no-no to use wipes on your iPhone. Now, Apple says that you can (and you should) use disinfectant wipes on your iPhone.
- App of the Week: No app. Go and check out the amazing musicians who are doing increadible livestreams. Folks like the Indigo Girls, Chris Martin from Coldplay, Kim Mitchell, Chick Corea, Mike Masse, and countless others. Look for them on Facebook and Instagram (mostly).
You can also listen in via I Heart Radio.