Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly on i Heart Radio, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away about what’s going on in the digital world. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry DiMonte morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Mike Masse gave an amazing performance this past Friday night at La Tulipe in Montreal. In case you don’t know Mike’s amazing story, he plays acoustic covers of rock songs and is a YouTube sensation with over 250,000 subscribers and close to 90 million video views to date. I was also lucky enough to have Mike as a guest on my podcast. You can take a listen here: Six Pixels of Separation Podcast #474 – Mike Masse Talks Music, Marketing And Magic. If you haven’t seen his cover of Toto’s Africa, watch this: Mike Masse – Africa (acoustic Toto cover).
- We might as well rename “back to school” to “new iPhone time.” Tomorrow is Apple‘s main event. What can we expect? Yes, new iPhones, new Apple Watch… what else does the rumor mill have swirling?
- Facebook announced that it is launching their dating service in the US. What could go wrong?
- Who needs a new iPhone when you can get a 40th anniversary edition of the Walkman?Yep. Sony is releasing a new digital Walkman to pay homage to the 1979 TPS-L2 Walkman tape player. Granted, it’s only 16 GB and it will set you back $650.
- App of the Week: Listen to Apple Music in your web browser (finally!): Apple Music.