Welcome to episode #474 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. I came across Mike Masse on YouTube. He was doing an acoustic version of Toto’s massive hit Africa. I didn’t believe anybody could do this song justice. I was wrong. That one video led me down the YouTube rabbit hole of all things Mike Masse. Now, three years later, this video has over five million views, Masse has quit his day job as a public defender and is a full-time musician. More importantly, he’s making money in the music business, and he is focused on digital and social media. It’s completely counter-intuitive to everything that we’re hearing in the media, but Masse is doing it. YouTube, social media, selling music online and his latest, a Patreon connection with his fans. Trying to connect your business to your customers? You might learn a thing (or thirty) from Mike Masse. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 53:15.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s is my conversation with Mike Masse.
- Mike’s YouTube page.
- Mike’s Pateon page.
- Mike’s Facebook page.
- Buy Mike’s music.
- Follow Mike on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #474 – Host: Mitch Joel.