Welcome to episode #78 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. This week there is an incredible conversation with Avinash Kaushik from Google all about online marketing, web analytics, the fluid web, widgets and more live from the Googleplex in Mountain View, California. Avinash’s passion is infectious… just take a listen. We look at what Marketers can do (and learn) to be more effective with their online marketing spend, and what the immediate future of the Web looks like. Always fascinating, always engaging, this is a conversation you do not want to miss. We also have a few audio comments (there are many more, but please keep them coming) that cover everything from Facebook and privacy to a real-world small world story in the making. Enjoy this conversation…
Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #78 – Host: Mitch Joel.
- Running time: 49:23.
- Audio comment line – please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Comments are now live on the new Blog – sixpixels.com/blog.
- Facebook Group – Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society – please join (we have over 1150 members).
- Check out my other Podcast, Foreword Thinking – The Business And Motivational Book Review Podcast – sponsored by HarperCollins Canada.
- Foreword Thinking – episode #7 is now live and features Ben Mezrich – author of the books, Rigged, Bringing Down The House and more.
- Webcom Montreal.
- Canadian Marketing Association Awards.
- Twist Image wins the Digital Innovation Award.
- Audio Comment – Robert Cotter – Fixion Media.
- Audio Comment – Connie Crosby – Canadian Law Librarian.
- Audio Comment – Sebastian Kiel – Speaking English Podcast.
- Does anyone know the Card Collector’s Corner in Pembroke, Ontario run by Marshall Burton?
- In Conversation from the Googleplex – Avinash Kaushik – Analytics Evangelist, Google – Occam’s Razor – Web Analytics – An Hour A Day.
- Googleplex trip review – CommerceThink ’07 – Google.
- About 25 minutes.
- Topics covered:
- The Fluid Web.
- Google Analytics.
- Event logging model for Google Analytics.
- Tracking applications in Facebook.
- How Marketers will win moving forward.
- Understanding your Bounce Rate.
- Your Website and relevance… and why we suck.
- Using search as an acquisition tool.
- Your birthright as a Marketer.
- Why Google gives everything away for free.
- How to save money on your advertising – ego-bidding.
- Microsoft and their free web analytics tool.
- How can Marketers not be scared of Web Analytics?
- All proceeds from Avinash’s book – Web Analytics – An Hour A Day – goes to charity.
- The Smile Train.
- Medecins Sans Frontiers.
- Six Pounds of Sound with C.C. Chapman – Accident Hash – Managing The Gray – The Advance Guard.
- Edwin Derricutt – Symmetry.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #78 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Thank you mitch for this podcast 😀
I thought I’d do some reflection here on the power of ‘Influencers’.
Beginning with an insight into my decision making process:
Just two weeks ago, I was thinking about getting Avinash Kaushik’s book on Web Analytics (an hour a day).
I moved from “thinking about it” to “will buy it tomorrow” after reading about your conversation with Avinash Kaushik.
Hereâ€™s the thing â€“ Iâ€™ve not even heard that podcast yet (I will this weekend). But Iâ€™m making my purchase decision purely based on your validation.
Weâ€™ve all been talking about how Content is King. In this case, Iâ€™ve not even listened to the content of your podcast with Avinash.
So much for the importance of Content!
Perhaps content is king; only because the provision or the exchange of â€œtrusted contentâ€? creates the trusted relationships that PR and WOM thrives on.
I haven’t even listened to half of the episode yet, but I wanted to thank you for your interview with Avinash.
He is truly great to listen to. Smart, witty and totally in-the-know with all things analytical.
The previous carcast interview you guys did was awesome.
Comments are closed.