Welcome to episode #617 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast.
Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #617 – Host: Mitch Joel. I just love everything that this human being puts out into the world. His latest book, Friend of a Friend, is a fascinating read about how we can get the most out of our networks and relationships (and, no, it’s not about social media!). David Burkus is a best-selling author, a sought after speaker, and associate professor of leadership and innovation at Oral Roberts University. He’s delivered keynotes to the leaders of Fortune 500 companies and the future leaders of the United States Naval Academy. His TED talk, Why you should know how much your coworkers get paid, has been viewed close to two million times, and he is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review. He’s written three books: The Myths of Creativity, Under New Management and now Friend of a Friend. This new book is surprising in nature. It’s a fresh perspective on how to grow your network and build key connections — one based on the science of human behavior, not rote networking advice that worked for one individual over the course of their career. So, is there science behind how people connect and grow their wealth? Listen in. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 56:32.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with David Burkus.
- Friend of a Friend.
- Under New Management.
- The Myths of Creativity.
- Why you should know how much your coworkers get paid.
- Follow David on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #617 – Host: Mitch Joel.