Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #598 – Host: Mitch Joel. Sometimes you come across an individual (and a book) and it just mystifies you. How is it possible that you had not heard of this person’s work before? That was my reaction when I was introduced to the work of David C. Baker. His book, The Business of Expertise is simply brilliant. In a world where self-proclaimed Gurus and Thought Leaders are everywhere (and including these titles on LinkedIn), the work of David could not have come at a better time. Just who is an expert? And, if you truly are an expert, how do you turn it into a true business and revenue opportunity (without looking like a jerk)? David has done the real work. He has worked with 750+ firms and in-house departments on helping individuals to figure out the true value of their expertise. If that were not enough, he’s also the author of Managing (Right) for the First Time and Financial Management of a Marketing Firm. Not just one to work on marketing, David also teaches racing to expert motorcycle racers and flies 25 different types of airplanes and helicopters (no joke!). Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 56:42.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with David C. Baker.
- The Business of Expertise.
- Managing (Right) for the First Time.
- Financial Management of a Marketing Firm.
- Follow David on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #598 – Host: Mitch Joel.