Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #593 – Host: Mitch Joel. I’ve known Jeffrey Sass for many years. We’ve become friends through the digital channels. It started back when I was speaking at an event in South Florida and stumbled into a domain name convention and auction. I watched the domain Jeans.com go for a ridiculous amount of money. Jeffrey Sass didn’t buy that domain, but he’s been a part of that scene for a long time. Currently, he’s the CMO for .CLUB – now a global brand, and one of the top and most used new domain extensions. What I did not know is his history is helping to market B movies. In the evolution of his career in marketing, he joined the Troma Entertainment team, having met Troma Founders Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz, when he was working in a film and TV distributor. He had a long and enjoyable stay in Tromaville, and was deeply involved in writing and producing as well as video and television sales. Troma launched The Toxic Crusaders Saturday morning cartoon series, in addition to contributing creatively to the show, he launched and ran Troma’s in-house licensing and merchandising arm, making deals with more than 70 licensees worldwide, including Marvel Comics. So, he recently published the fascinating read, Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from The Toxic Avenger – (One Man’s Journey to Hell’s Kitchen and Back). If that were not enough, he also handled licensing and merchandising for the Emmy Award-winning PBS show, Reading Rainbow. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 57:17.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Jeffrey Sass.
- Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from The Toxic Avenger – (One Man’s Journey to Hell’s Kitchen and Back).
- Troma Entertainment.
- Follow Jeffrey on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #593 – Host: Mitch Joel.