Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #496 – Host: Mitch Joel. Famed marketing journalist, Bob Garfield, was waxing poetic about a book called, The Digital Transformation Playbook, by Columbia Business School professor and brand strategist, David Rogers. He is also the founder of the Center on Global Brand Leadership‘s acclaimed BRITE conference on brands, innovation, and technology. Garfield said: “Seldom have the effects of digital media on legacy industries and innovators alike been so succinctly and scholarly-ly explained. I won’t much detail the Playbook, except to say it breaks down the five main areas of business turned upside down by digital revolution: customers, competition, data, innovation and value. Not to put too fine a point on it, everything we learned about these fundamentals since the Industrial Revolution has ceased to be true. To be even blunter, take Jack Welch‘s triumphalist bestseller from the old analog days and set it on fire; it is worthless. Rogers uses case histories to illustrate how and why the times they are a changing’. And more importantly, exactly how to adapt.” I got excited. I dug a little into Rogers and discovered a great presentation he gave at The Economist’s Big Rethink CMO conference. It was fascinating. I invited Rogers to be a guest on the podcast, and he informed me that his new book will only be out in the middle of 2016. I didn’t want to wait. Here’s our conversation about the work he is doing, his last book (The Network Is Your Customer), and how he sees the current marketing industry. Our conversation was recorded just before the New Year. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 53:10.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with David Rogers.
- The Network Is Your Customer.
- BRITE conference.
- Follow David on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #496 – Host: Mitch Joel.