Welcome to episode #491 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. It takes quite a bit to get my attention when it comes to business and non-fiction books. Make no mistake about it, I’m no book snob, but rather a huge reader (almost two books a week). You get to a point (decades in), when you begin to wonder if you will ever read something new, delicious, fascinating and exciting. Then came along a non-fiction parenting book that summarizes social science research on how media affects kids and also provides parents facts and tools – in a realistic manner – about how to best deal with the onslaught we’re facing when it comes to devices and the media that we both consumer and create. The book is called, Media Moms & Digital Dads, and the author is Dr. Yalda T. Uhls. Dr. Uhls is an award-winning child psychological researcher who also with the amazing Common Sense Media. Prior to becoming a doctor, Dr. Uhls spent over 15 years in the film business working as a senior level studio executive developing movies with writers and directors, and later as a producer working on television and movies. If you have kids and are curious about how to manage technology and media, this one is for you. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 54:58.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Dr. Yalda T. Uhls.
- Media Moms & Digital Dads.
- Common Sense Media.
- Follow Yalda on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #491 – Host: Mitch Joel.