Welcome to episode #484 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. Like many people in the marketing industry, I have been paying a ton of attention to the ad blocking world. The growth of this technology, and Apple’s recent news, has created a stir of emotions and the recognition for change. Even famed marketing thought-leader, Seth Godin, weighed in on the issue with his blog post, Ad blocking. As I was writing my own perspective to publish here, on this blog, I realized that it might be more interesting to discuss the impact ad blocking, the future of advertising and what this all means to brands and marketers with Seth. As always, Seth was gracious enough to accept my invitation. He really needs no introduction, so enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 51:42.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s my conversation with Seth Godin.
- Seth’s blog.
- Seth’s post on Ad Blocking.
- Also, look what he wrote about the New York Times back in 2008.
- A massive list of Seth Godin’s best-selling business books (I have them… you should too!).
- Follow Seth on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #484 – Host: Mitch Joel.