Welcome to episode #471 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. When I think about what the Internet means to me and to business, I often think of David Weinberger. As one of the co-authors of the seminal book, The Cluetrain Manifesto, his thinking, his words and his presentations have shaped my own ideas about what brands can do to connect in our Internet-driven society. I’m still amazed when I go back and read The Cluetrain Manifesto. I’m amazed by how much of it has come to pass. I’m amazed by how much of it is still happening. I wonder about how much more of it will be revealed in the coming years. Since then, Weinberger has stayed true to pushing his thinking around what the Internet is, and it’s full potential. His other books, Small Pieces Loosely Joined, Everything Is Miscellaneous, Too Big To Know and his Cluetrain follow up (with Doc Searls), New Clues are all books that I continuously recommend to executives who are trying to grasp the impact of technology on society, culture and business. Most recently, David published an article in The Atlantic titled, The Internet That Was (and Still Could Be). It’s an important read. This was an important discussion for us to have. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 58:44.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s is the my conversation with David Weinberger.
- The Atlantic - The Internet That Was (and Still Could Be).
- The Cluetrain Manifesto.
- Small Pieces Loosely Joined.
- Everything Is Miscellaneous.
- Too Big To Know.
- Follow David on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #471 – Host: Mitch Joel.