Welcome to episode #459 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast. I can be old and cynical when it comes to building a personal brand. It used to be that digital media allowed all of us to present ourselves in a three-dimensional way. While that statement still stands true, we have a swath of people presenting themselves in really silly and unprofessionals ways online. Figuring out how to make a statement that is both authentic and professional can be a challenge in this Instagram world. Still, when it comes to people who really understand how to decode success, I trust Dorie Clark. Her first book, Reinventing You, was a fantastic read and she’s back with Stand Out. In her latest book, Dorie tackles the super-huge challenge of how people (like you and I) can come up with breakthrough ideas that make us invaluable to the businesses that we work for. She also believes that this is the one (and potentially only) thing that will give us all the ultimate career insurance. With that, she is also a speaker and writer for Harvard Business Review and Forbes. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 44:14.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here’s is the my conversation with Dorie Clark.
- Stand Out.
- Reinventing You.
- Harvard Business Review.
- Follow Dorie on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Mirum Podcast – Episode #459 – Host: Mitch Joel.