Welcome to episode #408 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. I have an aversion to those in wealth management. That being said, I have many friends in the space and I’m thankful for the professional help I have received to date from some very smart people. Here’s where that aversion comes from: in my early years of networking, I would find myself at Chamber of Commerce-like cocktail events, and I felt like the people who were the most annoying in these scenarios were the wealth management people. They would "work the room" and fling out business cards like ninja stars at any body in their way. Derek Coburn is a wealth management guy, but not "one of those guys." We met a while back when he invited me to present the concepts in CTRL ALT Delete to his networking group, Cadre. Most recently, he decided to tackle the issue of networking and better connecting with individuals through a business book called, Networking Is Not Working. I often relapse and struggle in networking situations, so Coburn’s advice and insights are important. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 41:11.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Derek Coburn.
- Networking Is Not Working.
- Follow Derek on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #408 – Host: Mitch Joel.