Welcome to episode #364 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. He has been called "one of the world’s foremost retail industry futurists" (put that in your pipe and smoke it!). For over twenty years, Doug Stephens has worked with some of the world’s biggest brands, agencies and retailers helping them to achieve the success that they demand today with a keen eye on how quickly the world of retail continues to evolve. Currently, he is the founder of Retail Prophet and the author of the book, The Retail Revival. Do shopping malls have a future? How much of an impact does e-commerce have on retail and where is this all headed? How will retail figure out attribution in a world where people can shop the store while physically being there, or on their smartphone (at the same time)? How is this all going to shake out and what will the future of retail look like? This is a meaty one… enjoy the conversation…
Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #364 – Host: Mitch Joel.
- Running time: 44:02.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Doug Stephens.
- Retail Prophet.
- The Retail Revival.
- Follow Doug on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #364 – Host: Mitch Joel.
A fabulous conversation. Thanks for sharing. Examples of stale shopping centers becoming community hubs are (thankfully) more common. Any thoughts about revitalizing recently vacant storefronts in historic districts?
Such a brilliant episode. Doug literally had me yelling “Yes!” in my car as I drove. Perfect timing, since retail and shopper is something I’ve been giving a lot of thought lately as far as the role of digital. I’ll be publishing a piece this week about it, with a link back to this podcast.
Comments are closed.