Welcome to episode #350 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. There’s a new book in town about marketing, advertising and where it all needs to go. The book is called, Can’t Buy Me Like, and it was co-authored by advertising critic extraordinaire, Bob Garfield and Doug Levy. For 25 years, Advertising Age ran Garfield’s column, AdReview. In short, it was a must-read. Currently, he’s writing for MediaPost and The Guardian along with co-hosting the NPR weekly program On The Media. Plus, his past books, The Chaos Scenario and And Now A Few Words From Me are must-reads if you work in this industry. Levy is an agency guy. We first became friends while attending the TED conference. He is currently the founder and CEO of MEplusYOU (formerly known as imc2) an agency that focuses on brands and how they build authentic and sustainable relationships. Both Garfield and Levy hopped on Skype to talk about their new work and the new ways in which brands should be marketing. Enjoy the conversation…
Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #350 – Host: Mitch Joel.
- Running time: 54:53.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete comes out on May 21st, 2013.
- In conversation with Bob Garfield and Doug Levy.
- Can’t Buy Me Like.
- The Chaos Scenario.
- And Now A Few Words From Me.
- Follow Bob on Twitter.
- Follow Doug on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #350 – Host: Mitch Joel.