Welcome to episode #347 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. If you ask veteran marketing professional, Ken Segall, what made Apple so great, he can sum it up in two words: insanely simple. It’s also the title of his recent business book, Insanely Simple. As a writer, Segall has worked at many agencies over the years and worked with Steve Jobs from the "Think Different" to iMac days and beyond. It wasn’t just a lesson in simplicity from Jobs that inspired Segall, but rather an ethos that he hopes to drive through all organizations who are willing to listen. This is a fascinating conversation not just about Apple and their marketing strategy but how to think differently… and simpler about the brands that you work with. Enjoy the conversation…
Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #347 – Host: Mitch Joel.
- Running time: 44:38.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is coming on May 21st, 2013.
- In conversation with Ken Segall.
- Insanely Simple.
- Ken Segall’s Observatory.
- Follow Ken on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #347 – Host: Mitch Joel.
I enjoyed the interview as well as the other podcasts, but, is it safe to say that Ken Segall is enamored with all things Apple and all things Jobs? All things always maneuvered back to the late Steve Jobs and Apple products. I don’t know his background, but he does come across like the stereotypical Apple-sycophant-hispter people glare at in the mall. I love this quote, paraphrased: “Apple is great because it’s that friend of yours who’s smarter than you that you wanna be like”. LOL But I do agree with his points on youtube advertisements and the like.
Comments are closed.