Welcome to episode #320 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Banner advertising took hold in 1994. By 1998, I was deeply involved in the online advertising space. If you thought selling digital marketing through to the c-suite is hard in 2012, imagine what it was like back in 1998. It’s hard to believe that it was 14 years ago. While I was active in the digital marketing space prior to getting involved in online media, it was fascinating trying to sell those banner ads back in the day. I remember people like Bryan Eisenberg, Joseph Jaffe, Tom Hespos and Cory Treffiletti being active back then too. Cory is currently the SVP of Marketing at BlueKai and a weekly contributor to MediaPost. More recently, Cory published his first book, Internet Ad Pioneers: The Stories Of The Unsung People Behind The Birth And Growth Of The Internet Ad Industry (Volume 1). I was honored that he asked me to be a part of this business book, and it’s a great read for those of us who remember that time like it as yesterday. I was surprised that Cory hasn’t been on the podcast before, and I’m thrilled that he agreed to play along this time. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 44:06.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT DEL is coming in Spring 2013.
- In conversation with Cory Treffiletti.
- Internet Ad Pioneers.
- You can follow Cory at Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
- Get David’s song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #320 – Host: Mitch Joel.