Welcome to episode #309 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Andrew Keen built the popular Audiocafe.com in 1995 (during the dot com boom) but has since moved on to become a media pundit. He is currently the host of Keen On – a video interview program on TechCrunch, a columnist for CNN and a regular speaker and commentator on Internet culture and digital technologies. Most recently, he released his second book, Digital Vertigo – How Today’s Social Revolution Is Dividing, Diminishing and Disorienting Us. His first book, Cult Of The Amateur – How The Internet Is Killing Our Culture, raised more than a few eyebrows for its contrarian view on the Internet, culture and social media. I’ve been following Keen for a long while, so I was thrilled that he agreed to have a digital media throwdown. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 44:55.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT DEL is coming in Spring 2013.
- In conversation with Andrew Keen.
- Keen On.
- Digital Vertigo.
- Cult Of The Amateur.
- Follow Andrew on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #309 – Host: Mitch Joel.