Welcome to episode #306 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Jonathan Salem Baskin is becoming a marketing book juggernaut. In fact, there are few global branding strategist who are like Baskin. He’s had a career that any Marketer would be jealous of. Having spent close to three decades in the branding and advertising world, Jonathan’s resume is a who’s who of the top brands in the world. Along with that, he is a prolific writer and thinker. We first connected in 2008 when his book, Branding Only Works On Cattle, came out because we share the same editor and publisher (Grand Central Publishing – Hachette Book Group). He then went on to write the book, Bright Lights & Dim Bulbs and then Histories Of Social Media. He’s back with another book titled, Tell The Truth – Honesty is Your Most Powerful Marketing Tool (which he co-authored along with Sue Unerman – Chief Strategy Officer of MediaCom, a WPP agency). Along with that, Jonathan is a Blogger over at Dim Bulb and a bi-weekly columnist for Advertising Age. His opinions on Marketing, Social Media and the new world of branding will get you thinking and it’s a pleasure to have him back on the show. Enjoy the conversation…
Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 50:15.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT DEL is coming in Spring 2013.
- In conversation with Jonathan Salem Baskin.
- Tell The Truth.
- Sue Unerman – MediaCom.
- Branding Only Works On Cattle.
- Bright Lights And Dim Bulbs.
- Histories of Social Media.
- Dim Bulb.
- Advertising Age.
- Follow Jonathan on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #306 – Host: Mitch Joel.