Welcome to episode #175 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Immediately following the Brand Camp University event this past weekend in Detroit, Michigan, I had the pleasure to sit down and have a very powerful conversation with Rohit Bhargava at the airport. Rohit is the author of the book, Personality Not Included, and one of the top marketing bloggers over at, Influential Marketing Blog. Along with that, he is also a senior PR and Marketing executive at Ogilvy PR based in Washington, DC. We discuss everything from Personal Branding and Digital Marketing to how to market a book in 2009 and how he feels about platforms like Blogging and Twitter. Rohit is one smart guy and this is one conversation worth listening to. Enjoy the conversation…
Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #175 – Host: Mitch Joel.
- Running time: 24:36.
- Audio comment line – please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Facebook Group – Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society.
- In a perfect world, connect with me, directly, through Facebook.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Media Hacks #19 will be out next week and it features:
- Chris Brogan – New Marketing Labs – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- C.C. Chapman – Managing The Gray – Advance Guard.
- Hugh McGuire – LibriVox – The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn – The Financial Aid Podcast – Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith – In Over Your Head – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Rohit Bhargava.
- Blogger at Influential Marketing Blog.
- Author of Personality Not Included – Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity And How Great Brands Get it Back.
- Founding member of the 360 Digital Influence group at Ogilvy.
- This podcast was recorded at the Detroit Metro Airport immediately following Brand Camp University (put on by Hajj Flemings).
- Music from the Podsafe Music Network:
- New Leaf – ‘Magic Carpet’.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #175 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Mitch – great conversation here. My favourite line: “your personality is your business”. This might be a detriment in very large companies that can’t survive on the personality of one person alone (except for our friend SJ at Apple), but it’s a fundamental building block of the new wave of entrepreneurs. You and Gary Vaynerchuk are excellent examples of this. If you are starting or growing a small or mid-sized business today, your personality will become your business.
Comments are closed.