Welcome to episode #837 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #837 – Host: Mitch Joel. This week, TED released a new talk titled, Why fun is the secret to a healthier life, that was delivered by Catherine Price on the main stage at TED in Vancouver a few months back. It’s an event that I have been attending for well over a decade, and Catherine’s talk was – without a question – one of the best talks at this year’s event. In a strange twist of fate, Catherine wound up joining myself and others for one of the “open night” dinners that I had organized. We became fast friends. This led me down the rabbit hole of the amazing work that she has done. A special thanks to Adam Grant for making the connection and introduction. Here’s how Catherine describes herself: “I help people scroll less, live more, and have fun.” She is a science journalist, speaker, teacher, consultant, and the author of many books including, The Power of Fun – How to Feel Alive Again, How to Break Up With Your Phone and Vitamania – How Vitamins Revolutionized the Way We Think About Food. Her writing has appeared in places like The Best American Science Writing, The New York Times, Popular Science, and many more. Her passion is using her background as a science journalist to help people question their assumptions, make positive changes in their lives, and see mundane things (like fun, phones, vitamins) in an interesting and more philosophical light. She is also the founder of Screen/Life Balance, a resource hub dedicated to helping people create more intentional relationships with technology and reconnect with what really matters to them in life. Her newsletter is also a bright and intelligent light for your inbox (you can subscribe right here). Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 1:01:21.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at Apple Podcasts.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Catherine Pric.
- The Power of Fun – How to Feel Alive Again.
- How to Break Up With Your Phone.
- Vitamania – How Vitamins Revolutionized the Way We Think About Food.
- The TED Talk: Why fun is the secret to a healthier life.
- Screen/Life Balance.
- Catherine Price’s newsletter.
- Follow Catherine on Instagram.
- Follow Catherine on LinkedIn.
- Follow Catherine on Twitter.
This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #837 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.