Welcome to episode #750 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #750 – Host: Mitch Joel. With a book titled, Uncharted – How to Map the Future Together, you would think that Dr. Margaret Heffernan is a futurist as well. Margaret produced shows for the BBC for over thirteen years. She then moved to the US, where she spearheaded multimedia productions for Intuit, The Learning Company and Standard & Poors. She was Chief Executive of InfoMation Corporation, ZineZone Corporation and then iCast Corporation. All of this earned her a spot as one of the “Top 100 Media Executives” in The Hollywood Reporter. She is the author of six books. Her third book, Willful Blindness – Why We Ignore the Obvious at our Peril, was named one of the most important business books of the decade by the Financial Times. Her TED talks have been seen by over twelve million people, and in 2015 TED published Beyond Measure – The Big Impact of Small Changes. She is a Professor of Practice at the University of Bath, Lead Faculty for the Forward Institute’s Responsible Leadership Programe and, through Merryck & Co., mentors CEOs and senior executives of major global organizations. She holds an honorary doctorate from the University of Bath. So, how do people and businesses grow, explore and innovate while being undaunted by uncertainty? Listen in. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 56:52.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Dr. Margaret Heffernan.
- Uncharted – How to Map the Future Together.
- Willful Blindness – Why We Ignore the Obvious at our Peril.
- Beyond Measure – The Big Impact of Small Changes.
- Margaret’s other books.
- Margaret’s TED talks.
- Follow Margaret on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #750 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.