Welcome to episode #729 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #729 – Host: Mitch Joel. At the beginning of the commercialization of technology, Steven Levy was there and reporting on it. He still is. Steven is Wired’s editor at large. The Washington Post has called him “America’s premier technology journalist.” His previous positions include founder of Backchannel and chief technology writer and senior editor for Newsweek. Steven has written seven previous books and his work has appeared in Rolling Stone, Harper’s Magazine, The New York Times Magazine, and everywhere in between. He is the author of incredibly insightful books like Hackers – Heroes of the Computer Revolution, Insanely Great – The Story of Macintosh, the Computer That Changed Everything, In the Plex – How Google Thinks, Works, and Shapes Our Lives and many others. Most recently, he published, Facebook – The Inside Story, where he had unprecedented access to Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg for three years. This book is the definitive history of one of the world’s most powerful and controversial companies, especially these days. How should we see Facebook and other technologies? What does the future have in store for us? Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 59:10.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Seven Levy.
- Facebook – The Inside Story.
- In the Plex – How Google Thinks, Works, and Shapes Our Lives.
- Insanely Great – The Story of Macintosh, the Computer That Changed Everything.
- Hackers – Heroes of the Computer Revolution.
- Steven on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #729 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.