Welcome to episode #701 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #701 – Host: Mitch Joel. What brands should you pay attention to in the coming year? Denise Lee Yohn is the go-to person when it comes to thinking about branding. Recently, she published her list of Brands To Watch In 2020. In her Forbes article, Denise names one brand per letter of the alphabet. The list includes Amazon and Facebook (of course), as well as non-tech sector newsmakers like Nike and LVMH. Within the article are some unconventional takes on brands in the areas of privacy, mobility, and even masculinity. Denise’s last business book, Fusion – How integrating brand and culture powers the world’s greatest companies, came out in 2018, and it followed her work on what it takes to not only stand out, but constantly deliver a great brand experience for customers. When it comes to brands doing things right – constantly and consistently – I always think of the work that Denise Lee Yohn is doing. From her first book, What Great Brands Do – The Seven Brand-Building Principles That Separate The Best From The Rest, to the article she authored for the Harvard Business Review titled, Start-Ups Need a Minimum Viable Brand, then came Extraordinary Experiences, that profiled seven popular, powerful retail and restaurant brands. Denise is a brand thinking juggernaut. Brands have changed dramatically… and will continue to evolve. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 58:26.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Denise Lee Yohn.
- Brands To Watch In 2020.
- Fusion – How integrating brand and culture powers the world’s greatest companies.
- What Great Brands Do – The Seven Brand-Building Principles That Separate The Best From The Rest.
- Extraordinary Experiences.
- Start-Ups Need a Minimum Viable Brand.
- Follow Denise on Instagram.
- Follow Denise on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #701 – Host: Mitch Joel.