Welcome to episode #694 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #694 – Host: Mitch Joel. Before it was even a thing, Diane Mulcahy created the first course in the United States on the gig economy and teaches it in the MBA program at Babson College. The course gained immediate traction and was named by Forbes as one of the Top Ten Most Innovate Business School Courses. Out of that course grew a book. Diane is the author of The Gig Economy. She also walks her talk. She works independently, remotely and flexibly in the gig economy as a consultant, advisor, speaker, writer and teacher. Diane has been an investor for the past fifteen years. She is an Advisor to the Kauffman Foundation, where she manages the private equity and venture capital portfolio. She is also the author of We Have Met the Enemy …and He Is Us, a widely read report on the VC industry. In this episode we dig deep into the future of work, if the gig economy is tenable for our society, and the evils of the big market caps and over-promising based on the gig economy (Uber and WeWork much?). Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 52:18.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Diane Mulcahy.
- The Gig Economy.
- We Have Met the Enemy …and He Is Us
- Follow Diane on Twitter.
- Follow Diane on Instagram.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #694 – Host: Mitch Joel.