Welcome to episode #665 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #665 – Host: Mitch Joel. Cal Newport is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at Georgetown University. In addition to researching cutting edge technology, he also writes about the impact of these innovations on society. Cal is the author of six books, including the recently published bestseller, Digital Minimalism and (a personal favorite) Deep Work, which argues that focus is the new I.Q. in the modern workplace. Cal’s work has been published in over 20 languages and has been featured in many major publications. He’s also a frequent guest on NPR. In this episode, we did deeper into his work, and why we must all be more selective of the technologies that we bring into our personal and professional lives. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 57:36.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Cal Newport.
- Digital Minimalism.
- Deep Work.
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You.
- Cal’s other books.
- Cal’s not on Twitter, so here’s a link to his blog.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #665 – Host: Mitch Joel.