Welcome to episode #650 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #650 – Host: Mitch Joel. When I got my first opportunity to speak in front of a large audience, I wasn’t sure where to turn for more professional public speaking and presentation skills training. Many names of individuals and organizations were thrown my way, but one name that kept rising to the top was Nick Morgan. I immediately purchased his book, Give Your Speech, Change The World, and it did – in fact – change my world and perception of what a presentation is really all about. Then came Working The Room followed by Trust Me and then Power Cues. I eagerly bought and devoured them all. Thankfully, Nick jumped into social media and started blogging over at Public Words. Now, Nick is back with a new book, Can You Hear Me? – How To Connect With People In A Virtual World. According to Nick: “We’re immersed in the digital world; in fact, we couldn’t live without our mobile phones, computers, and social apps that allow us to work and play in ways unimaginable even two decades ago. But the blurring of the virtual and the real has a hidden cost that we pay every day. The technology strips ordinary human emotional understanding out of our communications, and we are the poorer for it.” Take a listen to better understand how we can fix it. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 55:17.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Nick Morgan.
- Can You Hear Me? – How To Connect With People In A Virtual World.
- Power Cues.
- Trust Me.
- Working The Room.
- Give Your Speech, Change The World.
- Public Words.
- Follow Nick on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels of Separation – Episode #650 – Host: Mitch Joel.