Welcome to episode #9 of Foreword Thinking – The Business and Motivational Book Review Podcast presented by HarperCollins Canada. Beth Lisick has published poems, essays, a short fiction collection, and also wrote a weekly nightlife column for SF Gate for eight years. Her stage and screen collaborations with writer/performer Tara Jepsen have yielded some uncomfortable moments, the most recent being a short film called Diving for Pearls which played the international film festival circuit. She also co-organizes the Porchlight Storytelling Series, a monthly show for amateur storytellers in San Francisco. Her book Everybody Into the Pool, was a New York Times bestseller and made Entertainment Weekly’s list of Top 10 Nonfiction Books of 2005. Her latest book about her adventures in the self-help biz is called Helping Me Help Myself: One Skeptic, 10 Self-Help Gurus, and a Year on the Brink of the Comfort Zone. Let’s dive into the world of self-help with Beth. Enjoy the conversation…
Download the Podcast here: Foreword Thinking Podcast – Episode 9: Helping You Help Yourself With Beth Lisick
- Running time: 27:55.
- Welcome to Foreword Thinking – The Business and Motivational Book Review Podcast presented by HarperCollins Canada.
- Subscribe to the show over at iTunes.
- Please join the conversation by calling the comment line: +1 206-350-5671 (note: this is a long-distance call).
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – [email protected].
- Always visit the website – www.forewordthinking.com.
- Check out our Facebook Group – Foreword Thinking – The Business And Motivational Book Review Group. We have about 300 people connected.
- Upcoming conversation with:
- We hope you enjoyed episode #8 with Deepak Chopra.
- Also check out the movie 21 – it’s based on the book, Bringing Down The House, by . Ben was also featured on Foreword Thinking.
- In Conversation with Beth Lisick.
- Beth’s latest book is, Helping Me Help Myself: One Skeptic, 10 Self-Help Gurus, and a Year on the Brink of the Comfort Zone.
- The conversation runs about 22 minutes.