Every year, I fall more in love with writing, the written word and Blogging.
From discovering new Bloggers who are discovering their own voices to the minutia of niches that people are driven to write about. As a former magazine publisher, there’s just nothing like opening up a browser and entering into a world of insightful pieces of content written by people who are truly passionate about a topic that gets published the second their idea is complete. Couple that with the subsequent comments, commentary and sharing in places like Twitter and Facebook, and it’s mind-boggling how anyone can think that this publishing platform isn’t as transformative as the Gutenberg Press.
What moved you here.
Part of becoming a better writer, journalist, Blogger and Media Hacker comes from understanding what content worked for your community. I spent a couple of minutes looking at my Blog posts over the past year. I looked at comments, engagement and the PageRank score that each Blog post received. Using a minimum PageRank score of 8/10, these are the Blogs posts on Six Pixels of Separation that moved you the most (in alphabetical order)…
- The Agency Of The Future.
- Being A Twitter Snob Is A Good Thing.
- The Best Piece Of Management Advice I Ever Received.
- Blogging Still Matters… Now More Than Ever.
- The Business Of Kindness.
- The End Of Conversation In Social Media.
- The Followship Of Twitter.
- Five Reasons Why This Blog Is A Failure.
- Is Twitter Killing You?
- The Most Important Thing You Can Do…
- The Myth Of Work Life Balance.
- 9 Ways To Elevate Your Speaking To Black Belt Level.
- No More Websites. Only Publishers.
- Personal Branding R.I.P.
- Product Is The New Marketing.
- 7 Lessons That WikiLeaks Teaches Us.
- The 10 Core Values Of A Winning Personal Brand.
- The Truth And Lies Of Networking.
- Web 3.0 And The Future Of The Internet – The Movie.
Personally, professionally and communally, 2010 was an incredible year. Along with a healthy and happy family, amazing friends and my community service, we (my three incredible business partners and I) managed to grow Twist Image to nearly 130 Digital Marketing professionals in our two offices (Montreal and Toronto) working for some of the best clients and coolest brands. I travelled to over thirty cities in five countries, evangelizing the Digital Marketing industry, my agency and the book, Six Pixels of Separation (which 800-CEO-Read and Inc. Magazine just listed at #13 on their Bestsellers of 2010 list – thank you!) at over 70 events, and met/worked with the best of the best. People often see my mug on all things Twist Image and Six Pixels of Separation, but the real work and heavy lifting is a team effort. Those 130 Digital Marketing professionals are not employees… they’re teammates. Nothing I do happens without them… and you can see them all in action right here: Twist Image Facebook Page.
So, while the Blog posts above moved you, working with the amazing team at Twist Image (and my extended business families at Speaker’s Spotlight, Greater Talent Network, Levine Greenberg Literary Agency, Grand Central Publishing – Hachette Book Group, Montreal Gazette, Vancouver Sun and the Canadian Marketing Association) is really what moves me.
Happy New Year.