Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Heather B. is away on vacation this week (enjoy Florida!).
- Do we unplug? Do we live without wi-fi?
- When you feel the need to unplug… unplug (unless you love it).
- Where do you keep your charged devices?
- Google buys Nest then Nest buys Dropcam for $555 Dropcam.
- The landscape is shifting when Katie Couric goes to Yahoo and Chelsea Handler goes to Netflix.
- The Los Angeles Times posts this: A message to YouTube: Don’t be evil.
- Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee works for Jerry Seinfeld (new season started this week with Sarah Jessica Parker).
- YouTube stars pull some big numbers.
- Canadian courts are forcing Google to remove search results.
- Is this the right thing to do or an end to democracy?
- Is the Internet becoming more like Swiss cheese?
- The democracy of information.
- Are we moving very quickly or are we pretty slow at catching up?
- App of the week: Yo! (have you Yo!’d yet?).