Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Recap of my keynote presentation, Virtually There, at the incredible Shop.org event in Dallas and the evolution of virtual and augmented reality – which is going to affect us all.
- Check out Sephora‘s amazing Virtual Artist.
- Will robots take our jobs or will these new technologies open up all kinds of new jobs and opportunities?
- Amazon and Prime Air will circumvent the shipping and logistics companies.
- Snapchat has changed its name. The corporation calls itself, Snap Inc. now (the app is still called, Snapchat). Plus, they announced a new camera glasses piece of technology called, Spectacles. They will cost around $130, and be able to recorded up to 10 seconds of circual video through a 115 degree-angle lens. What do they think that they can get right that Google Glass got so wrong?
- Swipe right for a sperm donor? If Tinder thinks this is what it takes to find the right date/mate, why can’t the same type of functionality be applied to a women looking for a potential sperm donor? The London Sperm Bank thinks it’s on to something. What do you think?
- App of the week: Flipp.
Take a listen right here.