Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly on iHeart Radio, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away about what’s going on in the digital world. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Uber has a political and business mess that percolated up this weekend. So, what really is behind this #DeleteUber issue (and how right/wrong is Uber) in this mess?
- Do the super-rich and tech-advanced of Silicon Valley know something that we do not? They are a growing group of “preppers” coming out of there – people who are getting ready for some kind of local or global apocalypse… and they’re not joking, according to this The New Yorker article.
- We have often talked about just how smart (and good for business) the Starbucks mobile app is. Maybe it’s getting too good for them to handle?
- What will the iPhone 8 bring? Lots of rumours, speculation and even fake images floating around. No surprise. One of the more interesting rumours is a bendable screen. This would be a huge innovation and a massive step forward for technology.
- App of the week: Headspace or OMG I Can Mediate!
Take a listen right here.