Is there one link, story, picture or thought that you saw online this week that you think somebody you know must see?
My friends: Alistair Croll (Solve for Interesting, Tilt the Windmill, HBS, chair of Strata, Startupfest, FWD50, and Scaletechconf; author of Lean Analytics and some other books), Hugh McGuire (Rebus Foundation, PressBooks, LibriVox) and I decided that every week the three of us are going to share one link for one another (for a total of six links) that each individual feels the other person “must see.”
Check out these six links that we’re recommending to one another:
- The Villager And The F-18 – Deep Prasad – Medium. “I’m not a UFO (technically a UAP, or ‘unidentified aerial phenomena’) enthusiast, but I found the first part of this incredibly compelling (it gets a bit muddy and less articulate half-way through). Why are unidentified vehicles moving at impossibly fast speeds – confirmed by the government – and measured using our most sensitive tools, joy-buzzing military training areas? ‘Why are frequent incursions happening in restricted Navy airspace in the first place? … I do think I know the answer … UAPs are doing the equivalent of flying a drone in and around the restricted parts of the Area 51 base and getting away with it.’ If we weren’t busy with something else, we’d be talking about this more.” (Alistair for Hugh).
- Twitter Aurora. “A team of artists and coders built a spectacular visualization of Twitter. I know some of the folks behind it, but they weren’t able to discuss it until now. If Twitter is the collective conversation many of us didn’t know we needed, then this is the MRI.” (Alistair for Mitch).
- The Changing World Order – Ray Dalio – LinkedIn. “Ray Dalio, revered hedge fund gazillionaire, and amateur historian, thinks we’re about to see fundamental shifts in the world order. Corona might make that happen faster than he expected.” (Hugh for Alistair).
- Dem Beats Part 1 – Todrick featuring RuPaul – Brian Friedman Choreography – YouTube. “My YouTube dance obsession continues to provide solace in these difficult times. This is a Brian Friedman choreography performed by various members of his studio to the bouncing track Dem Beats by Todrick Hall.” (Hugh for Mitch).
- The Four Horsemen Post-Corona (Scott Galloway) – DLD Sync – YouTube. “The one and only Scott Galloway is back with his thinking about the digital and media landscape. This is one of the better online presentations that I have seen online – from both a content and quality perspective. The world is changing. It may be changing faster due to Covid 19. We’re all in the middle of it. Still… check this out…” (Mitch for Alistair).
- I Miss The Library: And Other Thoughts on Quarantine Reading Life. “I can’t think straight. There, I said it. I haven’t read a book since the end of February. There, I said it. I am a public trustee for our local library, and I miss it dearly. I hate not knowing when the doors will open. I hate these times because I can’t think clearly. This article resonated with me. Maybe – slowly – I can make my way back to loving books… and being able to concentrate when I read. I would love nothing more than to get lost in someone else’s world…” (Mitch for Hugh).