Why do you do what you do? How often do you do it? What’s the point of it all?
I’m often asked many questions like this – on a daily basis. People seem confused with what my role is and what I do for a living… and what the point of this Blog is as well.
Here’s the deal…
I am President and one of four equal business partners at Twist Image. We are a full-service Digital Marketing agency. We employ close to 120 full-time professionals and have offices in both Toronto and Montreal (I live in Montreal). We started this Blog in 2003 as a place to express how we think about the changing landscape of Marketing, Advertising and Communications (to date, we have over 2300 Blog posts). The Podcast (which has the same name as this Blog) started in May of 2006 (we have 228 episodes for you to listen to). I also do speaking events (about 60 – 80 every year). Last year, we published a book, Six Pixels of Separation, through Grand Central Publishing – Hachette Book Group. The book was recently released in trade paperback as well. It has been published in many languages (French, Chinese, Korean, Italian, Polish, etc…). I also write a column every two weeks for the Montreal Gazette and Vancouver Sun newspapers in their business sections. I occasionally contribute to enRoute Magazine, Sparksheet and Man On The Go too. Everything I do (speaking, teaching, columns, books, etc…) is done through Twist Image (yes, this includes the money part too).
Building a business.
The majority of my time is spent on Twist Image and our clients. My main role is business development, and once the BD work turns into a client, I become a part of the team and help with both the strategy (the why and the how) along with the overall senior management of certain relationships. I am not an independent consultant or strategist. My goal is to build a valuable and healthy business by doing great work for our clients.
My commitment to you.
Six Pixels is not a shill for Twist Image (at least, it’s not a blatant one), and here is my commitment to you…
- 6 Blog posts every week. I try to do this daily, but that sometimes doesn’t work out.
- 1 Audio Podcast every week.
- I try to respond to all comments and add value.
- I write all of the content myself (and come up with the ideas for the Blog posts). Everything else related to the Blog (design, updates, functionality, etc… is a Twist Image team effort). This is the Twist Image corporate Blog.
- No affiliate links. Any links that you see/click on are not affiliate links.
- I’ll keep the self-promotional content to a dull roar. We all have to toot our own horns (if we don’t, who will?), but it’s not the thrust of what this is all about.
- Honesty. I try to be honest about the content I create and my thoughts are not always 100% crystallized. This Blog/Podcast is my canvas/art. Sometimes it will make sense, sometimes it will be gibberish. It will always be my own, personal opinion. Be kind.
I love growing Twist Image. I love Blogging. I love Podcasting. I love speaking. I love writing for other publications. I love teaching. I love serving my community. I love the fact that people care enough to read, comment and then follow along in places like Twitter and Facebook. It’s very humbling. It’s very important to me, and I wanted you to know that I am committed to continually providing a consistent and relevant flow of content that is valuable to you and your business (and I could not do this without the full support of my business partners and fellow team members at Twist Image).
That is my commitment to you.