Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It’s not a long segment – about 5 to 10 minutes every week – about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you’re interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I’m really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Heather B is busy partying it up on summer vacation.
- Terry is back from his three week holiday, which can feel like semi-retirement.
- Social media allows us to enjoy each others joys… and sadness.
- Are you addicted to your mobile? It’s called Nomophobia.
- Are you addicted to electricity? We don’t have an addiction diagnosis for it.
- Phantom vibrations from your device, when it’s not vibrating. Is that you?
- A lack of connectivity can (but should not) freak you out!
- We experience life through our own eyes… and now we share it.
- Are video games bad for you? Jane McGonigal would disagree.
- We should be paying much more attention to LinkedIn. It’s awesome for business and more.
- LinkedIn is the new resume.
- If you’re doing nothing in social media, you should still be on LinkedIn.
- How LinkedIn makes money and their latest results.
- I forgot to mention on the air that they have premium paid services (very big part of revenue).
- LinkedIn co-founder, Reid Hoffman, has a new book out. It’s called, The Alliance.
- Non-app of the week: Kim Kardashian Hollywood.
- Terry recommends: Monty Python’s The Ministry of Silly Walks.