One day isn’t going to cut it if you really want to learn about something, but it’s a great start.
The good people at IAB Canada – Interactive Advertising Bureau – have asked me if I would be willing to come back and teach a full-day seminar on Social Media Marketing in multiple cities across Canada. My real role here at Twist Image is to get brands to embrace and get active in the Digital Marketing channels, so this opportunity is the perfect platform to spread the digital goodness far and wide. This full-day session is constantly being updated, so if you live in the area (or are interested in travelling to attend), you may want to come (and bring some members of your team along with you).
The dates of the Social Media Marketing intensive one-day course:
- Toronto, ON April 6, 2010.
- Vancouver, BC April 13, 2010.
- Calgary, AB April 14, 2010.
- Montreal, QC April 16, 2010.
Here’s how the IAB describes the course:
"The Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada’s NEW! Intensive, One-Day Course In Social Media Marketing, is a full 8-hours long, and is designed to simplify and demonstrate the many new channels of marketing, advertising and communication that make up the Social Media and Web 2.0 space. Attendees will learn about Online Social Networks, RSS, Social Bookmarking/Tags, Consumer Generated Content, Blogs/Microblogs, Pod/Vidcasting, Social Applications, Widgets, Mashups and Wikis – and more importantly, how to leverage these marketing channels for optimal results."
You can review the full course curriculum right here: IAB Canada – Social Media Marketing Seminar – Detailed Course Outline.
I’ve done my best not to shill (too much 😉 in this Blog space, but I am often asked if there is a way to spend more time hearing me discuss the strategy, channels and opportunities for Marketers in the new Digital Marketing landscape. This is it (and I do not often do full-day sessions). People have travelled to this session from the United States and Europe to attend, and the spots do fill up quickly. During the course of the day, I am also available (and happy) to answer questions or talk, specifically, about what your company is up to (as long as you are willing to share with the group of attendees).
I hope to see you there!
Full registration and more information is available right here: IAB Canada – Social Media Marketing – Full-Day Intensive Course.
If you can’t make it to the course and would like some good primers on the Digital Marketing and Social Media landscape, here are twenty books that should get you inspired:
- The Cluetrain Manifesto – Rick Levine, Christopher Locke, Doc Searls & David Weinberger.
- Crush It! – Gary Vaynerchuk.
- Groundswell – Josh Bernoff & Charlene Li.
- Here Comes Everybody – Clay Shirky.
- Life After The 30-Second Spot – Joseph Jaffe.
- The Long Tail – Chris Anderson.
- Made To Stick – Chip & Dan Heath.
- The New Community Rules – Tamar Weinberg.
- The New Influencers – Paul Gillen.
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR – David Meerman Scott.
- Purple Cow – Seth Godin.
- Tribes – Seth Godin.
- Trust Agents – Chris Brogan & Julien Smith.
- Waiting For Your Cat To Bark – Bryan & Jeffrey Eisenberg.
- Web Analytics 2.0 – Avinash Kaushik.
- Web Analytics – An Hour A Day – Avinash Kaushik.
- What Would Google Do? Jeff Jarvis.
- The Whuffie Factor – Tara Hunt.
- Wikinomics – Don Tapscott.
- Word of Mouth Marketing – Andy Sernovitz.