Your digital media catch-up is right here.
Every Tuesday – for just a few minutes – I join Heather Backman (my old buddy from her days on CHOM FM) on the air at Jack 103 (Rogers Sports & Media) to give a quick blast about the current state of technology, media and Internet culture. We’re calling the segment Tech Tuesday (and we do it in just a few minutes).
What is Tech Tuesday?
If you ever find yourself wondering… What, exactly, is the point of TikTok? How can I make myself look better on a Zoom? Reddit? What’s that about? How do I help my kids be safer online? Who’s the latest creator and streamer that I should be checking out?
You are not alone.
Are you tired of resolutions and other plans that don’t stick? How about you kick off the New Year with your own “digital audit.” Let’s get ourselves updated with our best “digital selves.” How do we do this?
- Google yourself. See how you show up and where you show up in the search engines. It’s not easy to change/manipulate the search rankings, but knowing how the world sees you is an important first step.
- Update your profile picture. Use something recent. Use a filter (if you have to ;), but make it consistent across all of your platforms and apps.
- Update your LinkedIn profile. Most people let their LinkedIn profile lag or miss out on the new functionality that LinkedIn adds throughout the year. Make sure to update any new job titles, charitable work, etc… And, if you’re not on LinkedIn… get on LinkedIn!
- If you have your own website, podcast, blog or YouTube channel, make sure everything is as current as possible.
- Check all of your social feeds. Make them consistent, delete the content that might be contentious, etc…
What other tips and tricks would you add?
App of the Week: Scribble – a fun little game where you get to decode someone’s scribbling.
Once the segment goes live on Jack 103, I will post it here for you to listen in, learn, share and engage….
Before you go… if you enjoyed this, please subscribe (all new content arrives in your inbox). It’s easy, it’s free and it’s right here.